Following the historic arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on Thursday, the family of his most prominent accuser, the late Virginia Giuffre, has issued a powerful statement of vindication, declaring that “no one is above the law, not even royalty.”
The former Prince Andrew, 66, was detained by Thames Valley Police at his residence on the Sandringham estate on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The investigation centres on allegations that he shared confidential government trade documents with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during his tenure as a U.K. trade envoy.
For the family of Virginia Giuffre who died by suicide last year at the age of 41, the news brought a wave of “surreal” emotion. Giuffre long maintained that she was trafficked by Epstein to have sex with the royal on three occasions when she was 17, allegations the former prince has consistently denied.
“At last, today, our broken hearts have been lifted,” the family said in a joint statement. “On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the U.K.’s Thames Valley Police… He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”
Speaking in an emotional interview with CBS News, Giuffre’s brother, Sky Roberts, and his wife, Amanda Roberts, described receiving the news at 3:00 AM.
Sky Roberts noted the “boost of adrenaline” and “vindication” the arrest provided. However, he admitted to breaking down in a restaurant later that day, wishing his sister were alive to witness the moment.
Amanda Roberts described the arrest as the “first thread” in a larger web of accountability. “This is a day that [survivors] have wanted for a long time,” she said, adding that the arrest for public misconduct proves that the legal “veil” protecting powerful figures is beginning to tear.
While praising British authorities, the family was sharply critical of the United States government. They labelled the lack of similar prosecutorial movement in the U.S. as “shameful,” calling on the Department of Justice to act on the recently released “Epstein files.”
“If the U.K. can bring forward an investigation on Andrew, well then so can we,” Sky Roberts stated, urging U.S. officials to stop “protecting the predators.
The former Duke of York was released “under investigation” late Thursday evening after approximately 11 hours in custody. While the current arrest is not for sexual offences, legal experts suggest that the misconduct charge, which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment—could potentially open doors for prosecutors to explore whether official positions were misused for sexual gratification.
Buckingham Palace has stated that King Charles III is following the matter with “deepest concern” and supports the legal process, affirming that “the law must take its course.









