• Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
VON Digest
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
No Result
View All Result
VON Digest
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime & Security

Police Arrest Women For Trafficking Rivers Teenage Girls To Burkina Faso

by Vanessa
December 18, 2025
in Crime & Security
0
Police Arrest Women For Trafficking Rivers Teenage Girls To Burkina Faso
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Operatives of the Rivers State Police Command, attached to the Anti-Kidnapping Unit at Miniokoro in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, have arrested a woman identified as Ms. Akundo for allegedly trafficking two underage girls from Aluu community in Ikwerre LGA to Burkina Faso.

The victims, Anita (17) and Favour (16), both residents of Aluu, were reportedly trafficked last month.

RelatedPosts

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

Ms. Akundo’s arrest followed a complaint lodged at the Boundary Police Division in Aluu, by the mother of Anita, who is still being held captive in Burkina Faso.

Following the complaint, the police also arrested Linda, accused of harboring Akundo, and Ibuchi, a boy allegedly sent by Akundo to summon Anita on the day the trafficking arrangement was finalized.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the Rivers State Police Command, SP Grace Iringe-Koko, said the suspects are in custody while investigations continue.

She said, “Yes, the Anti-Kidnapping Unit is investigating the case and the suspects have been arrested.

“The police are exploring all available options to rescue the girl still held in Burkina Faso.”

Narrated her ordeal in an audio message, Favour, who has since returned to Nigeria, said Akundo deceived and lured her with promises of a job and financial reward, but exonerated Ibuchi, insisting he had no knowledge of the trafficking plan.

According to Favour, Akundo promised that they would be paid ₦1 million, part of which she intended to use to pay for her WAEC fees.

She stated that herself, alongside Anita were later taken by a man identified as Praise who seized their phones, while they were being transported across Nigeria’s borders after Akundo received the money.

Favour alleged that upon arrival in Burkina Faso, they were informed that they were brought for prostitution and were later separated and subjected to physical abuse.

She said she eventually escaped by reporting to the police in Burkina Faso, who facilitated her movement to Cotonou, Benin Republic. From there, with support from her family, she returned to Nigeria through the Seme border.

Favour expressed shock over the arrest of Ibuchi, maintaining that he merely delivered a message on Akundo’s instruction and was not involved in the trafficking.

She narrated, “I knew Akundo when she lived at Pipeline, Aluu, and I often saw her while visiting a friend. She was pregnant at the time. After she gave birth, we lost contact for a long period.

“One day at a chemist in Aluu, a boy told me Akundo was looking for me. She said she had moved to my area due to a housing problem and was staying with a friend called Linda.

“She told me about a job that would pay one million naira and promised to share the money with me. Because I needed money to register for WAEC, I agreed. She said another girl, Anita, would be involved, though I did not know her before then.

“Akundo asked a boy called Ibuchi to call Anita from her house. After Anita arrived, Ibuchi left. Although I did not clearly understand the nature of the job, the promise of money convinced me.

Speaking further, Favour said, “Later, a boy called Praise transported us in a vehicle. On arrival at a location, our phones were seized and one million naira was sent to Akundo. We were then taken across the Nigerian border. We spent about a week travelling before reaching Burkina Faso.

“On arrival, we were told the work was prostitution. Anita and I were separated and taken to different places. I was beaten and maltreated and forced to sleep with up to fifteen men a day. They told me I had to pay N1.6 million before I could be freed and get my phone back.

“One night, I escaped and reported to the police in Burkina Faso. The police contacted the man in charge, known as “Big Daddy,” who admitted that Akundo usually brought young girls to them, claiming they were looking for work. My phone was with him, but I chose to leave without it so I could return home.

“The police took me to Cotonou. From there, I contacted my mother, who informed my elder brother overseas. He sent ₦50,000 for my transport back to Nigeria through the Seme border.

“After returning, I went to Bayelsa to stay briefly. I later learned that Ibuchi had been arrested, which shocked me because he only helped to call Anita and had no involvement in the trafficking. My mother also told me she had reported the case to the police even before Akundo was arrested, following an earlier complaint by Anita’s mother,”she added.

It was however gathered that while Favour had returned to Nigeria, she is yet to present herself to the police to make a formal statement.

Previous Post

Fidelity Bank Enhances Maternal and Child Healthcare Delivery at ESUTH

Next Post

Court Releases Ngige on EFCC’s Administrative Bail

Vanessa

Vanessa

I'm a journalist and relationship columnist. Nigeria Media Merit (NMMA) 1st Runner Up Award Recipient. I'm passionate about arts, entertainment,marriage, religion and politics. I love giving back to society.

Related Posts

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

by Vanessa
February 17, 2026
0

About 100 US soldiers have arrived in Nigeria to train the West African nation's armed forces and help them with...

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The United States government has frozen the assets and properties of eight Nigerians accused of having links with the Islamic...

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The Nigerian government, through the Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC), has ordered an immediate investigation into the data processing activities...

DSS charges El-Rufai over alleged phone interception, cybercrime violations

DSS charges El-Rufai over alleged phone interception, cybercrime violations

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The Department of State Services (DSS) has filed a charge against the immediate past governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai...

MURIC Questions Civil Society’s Silence on Proposed US Troop Deployment in Nigeria

MURIC Questions Civil Society’s Silence on Proposed US Troop Deployment in Nigeria

by Vanessa
February 6, 2026
0

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has demanded clarifications for the presence of American troops in Nigeria. The group expressed concern...

Kwara Massacre: Akpoti-Uduaghan Describes Killings as Unacceptable, Disturbing

Kwara Massacre: Akpoti-Uduaghan Describes Killings as Unacceptable, Disturbing

by Vanessa
February 6, 2026
0

The Senator representing Kogi Central Senatorial District, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has described the massacre in Kwara State as disturbing and unacceptable....

Next Post
Court Releases Ngige on EFCC’s Administrative Bail

Court Releases Ngige on EFCC’s Administrative Bail

Recommended

Evans Re-Arraigned in Lagos for Alleged Murder of Two Police Officers

Evans Re-Arraigned in Lagos for Alleged Murder of Two Police Officers

4 months ago
NBA Faults Senate for Blocking Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan’s Return After Suspension

NBA Faults Senate for Blocking Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan’s Return After Suspension

5 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    Newsletter

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor.
    SUBSCRIBE

    Category

    • Agriculture
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • food
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Movie
    • Music
    • National
    • News
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Society
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • World

    Site Links

    • Log in
    • Entries feed
    • Comments feed
    • WordPress.org

    About Us

    We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    • Contact
    • Terms of Use

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Society
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • World

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In