• Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
VON Digest
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
No Result
View All Result
VON Digest
No Result
View All Result
Home News

2025 Convention: Lamido Denies Meeting Makinde, Refutes Claims of Withdrawing Case Against PDP

by Vanessa
November 15, 2025
in News
0
Lamido Denies Withdrawing Court Case Against PDP Convention
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Former Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido, has dismissed reports that he has dropped his legal challenge against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to allow its planned National Convention in Ibadan to proceed.

Lamido described the circulating claims as “fake news,” stressing that the Federal High Court had already ruled in his favour, restraining the party from holding the November 15–16 convention. He said the court affirmed his right to contest the PDP National Chairmanship position—a right he insists was denied during the preparation for the convention.

RelatedPosts

Police Verify Enugu Crash, 11 Passengers Dead

National Assembly Clears N1.504trn Nigerian Army Budget

FG Warns of Higher Temperatures, Unstable Rainfall in 2026 Climate Outlook

In a statement posted on his official Facebook page on Friday, the former governor rejected suggestions that he met with Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, to resolve the matter or withdraw the case. He noted that the false report triggered numerous calls from concerned party members across the country.

“I urge members to note that the story attributed to me is false. The Federal High Court today, at about 2:30 p.m., delivered a judgment affirming my right to contest the Chairmanship of the PDP, which was earlier denied me,” he said.

Lamido added that the court’s order stopping the Ibadan convention remains active. According to him, both the PDP leadership and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) have been formally served with the certified order.

“Certified order stopping the Ibadan Convention has already been delivered to INEC and the PDP,” he stated.

He criticised the report alleging he had withdrawn the case, describing it as malicious and misleading. Lamido reaffirmed his commitment to pursuing his legal rights within the party.

Tags: PDPSule Lamido
Previous Post

Tinubu Reappoints Buba Marwa as NDLEA Chairman for New Five-Year Term

Next Post

Four Killed as Missing Army General Resurfaces After ISWAP Attack in Borno

Vanessa

Vanessa

I'm a journalist and relationship columnist. Nigeria Media Merit (NMMA) 1st Runner Up Award Recipient. I'm passionate about arts, entertainment,marriage, religion and politics. I love giving back to society.

Related Posts

Police Verify Enugu Crash, 11 Passengers Dead

Police Verify Enugu Crash, 11 Passengers Dead

by Vanessa
February 18, 2026
0

The Enugu State Police Command on Wednesday said eleven people died in a road accident in the Udi Local Government...

National Assembly Clears N1.504trn Nigerian Army Budget

National Assembly Clears N1.504trn Nigerian Army Budget

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The National Assembly has approved the N1.504,251,069,722 trillion 2026 budget proposal for the Nigerian Army. The approval was given after...

FG Warns of Higher Temperatures, Unstable Rainfall in 2026 Climate Outlook

FG Warns of Higher Temperatures, Unstable Rainfall in 2026 Climate Outlook

by Vanessa
February 10, 2026
0

The Federal Government has warned that Nigeria is likely to experience warmer temperatures and varying rainfall patterns in 2026, urging...

FG Begins Six-Week Closure of Sections of Lagos–Ibadan Expressway

FG Begins Six-Week Closure of Sections of Lagos–Ibadan Expressway

by Vanessa
February 7, 2026
0

The Federal Government has said it will close part of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway for six weeks to enable the federal...

APC to Welcome Kwankwaso After Kano Governor’s Defection

APC to Welcome Kwankwaso After Kano Governor’s Defection

by Vanessa
February 2, 2026
0

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that it is prepared to receive the leader of the New Nigeria Peoples...

IPOB Declares Monday Shutdown Across South-East, Demands Nnamdi Kanu’s Release

IPOB Declares Monday Shutdown Across South-East, Demands Nnamdi Kanu’s Release

by Vanessa
January 30, 2026
0

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has announced a region-wide shutdown across the South-East on Monday, February 2, calling on...

Next Post
Four Killed as Missing Army General Resurfaces After ISWAP Attack in Borno

Four Killed as Missing Army General Resurfaces After ISWAP Attack in Borno

Recommended

Toke Makinwa Opens Up on Life at 40: “Regret Is Exhausting”

“Being 40, Single, and Childless Is Exhausting—But I Own My Truth” – Toke Makinwa

11 months ago
Labour Party Demands Abure’s Arrest Over Alleged Invasion of National Secretariat

Labour Party Demands Abure’s Arrest Over Alleged Invasion of National Secretariat

3 days ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    Newsletter

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor.
    SUBSCRIBE

    Category

    • Agriculture
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • food
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Movie
    • Music
    • National
    • News
    • Politics
    • Religion
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Society
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • World

    Site Links

    • Log in
    • Entries feed
    • Comments feed
    • WordPress.org

    About Us

    We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    • Contact
    • Terms of Use

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Society
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • World

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In