• Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
VON Digest
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
No Result
View All Result
VON Digest
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime & Security

Court Admits Gulak’s Death Certificate as Evidence in Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial

by Vanessa
May 14, 2025
in Crime & Security
0
Gulak’s Death Tied to Kanu, Says FG in Court
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday admitted the medical report and death certificate of late presidential adviser, Ahmed Gulak, as evidence in the ongoing trial of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

Gulak was murdered in Imo State in 2021 by suspected IPOB members, according to the Federal Government. At the resumed hearing, the prosecution tendered the documents through its witness (PWBBB), and they were accepted without objection from Kanu’s defence team, led by Chief Kanu Agabi (SAN).

RelatedPosts

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

The prosecution also submitted a police report from Owerri linking Gulak’s death to gunmen alleged to be IPOB operatives. Kanu is facing a seven-count charge bordering on terrorism and treasonable felony.

So far, two witnesses have testified, with several documents,  including video and audio recordings allegedly showing Kanu ordering attacks, tendered in court.

However, the defence raised serious concerns. Agabi questioned the credibility of the video footage, noting that only Kanu and his team were visible. The witness claimed it was standard procedure and couldn’t recall if he wore a mask during the recording.

Agabi also criticized Kanu’s prolonged detention and alleged solitary confinement, which the witness denied knowledge of, saying he was only an investigator.

Further scrutiny revealed the witness didn’t draft the charges and wasn’t aware of amendments or the timeline of their filing. The defence noted that Kanu was never confronted with any accuser, despite repeated changes in the charges.

A short adjournment was granted after the defence complained about delays in accessing crucial police records. While the prosecution opposed the move, Justice James Omotosho emphasized the need for fairness.

“The matter holds international and domestic attention,” the judge said, warning against unnecessary delays. He urged both parties to use the time wisely in pursuit of justice.

Justice Omotosho also addressed social media claims about DSS denying access to Kanu. While Agabi denied such reports, the judge warned Kanu’s lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor, against sharing unverified claims online.

 

The trial resumes on May 21.

Tags: Ahmed GulakChief Kanu Agabi (SAN)Indigenous People of Biafra (IPoB)Nnamdi Kanu
Previous Post

Presidency: Nigeria Attracts Over $8 Billion in Deepwater, Gas Investments in One Year

Next Post

Labour Party Won 2023 Presidential, Governorship Polls in Delta – Ajufo Alleges

Vanessa

Vanessa

I'm a journalist and relationship columnist. Nigeria Media Merit (NMMA) 1st Runner Up Award Recipient. I'm passionate about arts, entertainment,marriage, religion and politics. I love giving back to society.

Related Posts

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

US Soldiers Arrive in Nigeria to Support Fight Against Islamist Militants

by Vanessa
February 17, 2026
0

About 100 US soldiers have arrived in Nigeria to train the West African nation's armed forces and help them with...

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

US Acts Against Eight Nigerians Over Suspected Terror Connections

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The United States government has frozen the assets and properties of eight Nigerians accused of having links with the Islamic...

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

FG Opens Probe into Temu Over Data Privacy Concerns

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The Nigerian government, through the Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC), has ordered an immediate investigation into the data processing activities...

DSS charges El-Rufai over alleged phone interception, cybercrime violations

DSS charges El-Rufai over alleged phone interception, cybercrime violations

by Vanessa
February 16, 2026
0

The Department of State Services (DSS) has filed a charge against the immediate past governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai...

MURIC Questions Civil Society’s Silence on Proposed US Troop Deployment in Nigeria

MURIC Questions Civil Society’s Silence on Proposed US Troop Deployment in Nigeria

by Vanessa
February 6, 2026
0

The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has demanded clarifications for the presence of American troops in Nigeria. The group expressed concern...

Kwara Massacre: Akpoti-Uduaghan Describes Killings as Unacceptable, Disturbing

Kwara Massacre: Akpoti-Uduaghan Describes Killings as Unacceptable, Disturbing

by Vanessa
February 6, 2026
0

The Senator representing Kogi Central Senatorial District, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has described the massacre in Kwara State as disturbing and unacceptable....

Next Post
Labour Party Won in Delta – Ajufo Claims

Labour Party Won 2023 Presidential, Governorship Polls in Delta – Ajufo Alleges

Recommended

Why We’re Investing N712bn to Renovate Lagos Airport – Festus Keyamo

Why We’re Investing N712bn to Renovate Lagos Airport – Festus Keyamo

7 months ago
Paddy Adenuga, Son of Billionaire Mike Adenuga, Announces Engagement at 41

Paddy Adenuga, Son of Billionaire Mike Adenuga, Announces Engagement at 41

4 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    Newsletter

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor.
    SUBSCRIBE

    Category

    • Agriculture
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • food
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Movie
    • Music
    • National
    • News
    • Politics
    • Religion
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Society
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • World

    Site Links

    • Log in
    • Entries feed
    • Comments feed
    • WordPress.org

    About Us

    We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    • Contact
    • Terms of Use

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Society
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • World

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In