Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
VON Digest
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime & Security
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Society
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Science & Technology
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • World
No Result
View All Result
VON Digest
No Result
View All Result

Home » Posts » CBN, Accountant-General Deny Release of Withheld Osun LG Funds

CBN, Accountant-General Deny Release of Withheld Osun LG Funds

by Vanessa
September 29, 2025
in Business
0
CBN, Accountant-General Deny Release of Withheld Osun LG Funds
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Accountant General of the Federation (AG-F) have denied claims that they released withheld allocations meant for Osun State local governments to All Progressives Congress (APC) council chairmen and councillors elected in 2022.

CBN, AG-F Fault Fund Release Claims

At the resumed hearing of a suit filed by the Osun State Government, counsels for the CBN, Murtala Abdulrasheed (SAN), and for the AG-F, Tajudeen Oladoja (SAN), dismissed the allegation as unfounded. They told the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday that the funds had not been released, contrary to reports.

RelatedPosts

Fidelity Bank Extends Food Bank Initiative to Thousands in Surulere

Sterling Financial Holdings Sustains Growth Momentum as Assets Cross ₦4 Trillion Mark in Q1, 2026

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu wins “Women on Bank Boards” at AWBFA 2026

Their response followed submissions by the plaintiff’s counsel, Musibau Adetunbi (SAN), who alleged that the CBN and AG-F unlawfully released the money between Thursday and Friday last week to the APC officials whose tenure is set to end on October 22.

Plaintiff Alleges Breach of Court Order

Adetunbi argued that the release violated an earlier court order directing parties to maintain the status quo pending determination of the case. He claimed the allocations were disbursed through special accounts opened with the United Bank for Africa (UBA).

He further informed the court that his client secured a restraining order from an Oyo State High Court to stop UBA from disbursing the funds. According to him, the choice of Oyo was due to the ongoing strike by Osun State judiciary workers.

Although he said copies of the restraining order had been served on UBA, the CBN, and the AG-F, he admitted he had no documentary proof of service at the moment.

Defence Labels Allegation as Rumour

Abdulrasheed and Oladoja maintained that Adetunbi’s allegations remained speculative without supporting evidence. They insisted no such release of funds occurred.

Case Transfer Dispute

The court also entertained arguments on whether to return the case to the Osogbo division of the Federal High Court. The suit was originally filed in Osogbo by the Osun State Attorney General but was transferred to Abuja on the directive of the Chief Judge after a request from the Attorney General of the Federation.

Justice Emeka Nwite adjourned the matter to October 16 for ruling on the transfer request.

Tags: Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
ShareTweetShareSend
Previous Post

ASUU Issues 14-Day Ultimatum to Federal Government Over Lingering Demands

Next Post

FIFA Sanctions South Africa for Fielding Ineligible Player in World Cup Qualifier

Vanessa

Vanessa

I'm a journalist and relationship columnist. Nigeria Media Merit (NMMA) 1st Runner Up Award Recipient. I'm passionate about arts, entertainment,marriage, religion and politics. I love giving back to society.

Related Posts

Fidelity Bank Extends Food Bank Initiative to Thousands in Surulere

Fidelity Bank Extends Food Bank Initiative to Thousands in Surulere

by Vanessa
May 19, 2026
0

Leading financial institution, Fidelity Bank Plc, has reinforced its commitment to community welfare and sustainable development with the distribution of...

Sterling Financial Holdings Sustains Growth Momentum as Assets Cross ₦4 Trillion Mark in Q1, 2026

Sterling Financial Holdings Sustains Growth Momentum as Assets Cross ₦4 Trillion Mark in Q1, 2026

by Vanessa
May 16, 2026
0

…Group Profit rises 89% in FY2025, 53% in Q1 2026 Sterling Financial Holdings Company Plc (“Sterling Financial” or “the Group”)...

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu wins “Women on Bank Boards” at AWBFA 2026

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu wins “Women on Bank Boards” at AWBFA 2026

by Vanessa
May 15, 2026
0

Mrs. Amaka Onwughalu, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fidelity Bank Plc, has emerged winner in the “Women on...

Educating Nigeria, One Community at a Time: Inside Union Bank’s CSR Approach

Union Bank Honoured by ASBON at Nigeria National SME Business Awards

by Vanessa
May 13, 2026
0

Union Bank of Nigeria has reaffirmed its reputation as a strong supporter of Nigerian businesses, receiving the Best SME Growth...

Polaris Bank Partners Cyclotron Club to Advance LiveWell Initiative and Promote Healthy Living

Polaris Bank Partners Cyclotron Club to Advance LiveWell Initiative and Promote Healthy Living

by Vanessa
May 13, 2026
0

Polaris Bank, Nigeria’s leading digital retail and commercial Bank institution, has announced a strategic partnership with Cyclotron Cycling Development Initiatives,...

Fidelity Bank’s gross earnings rise by 45%, shareholders’ funds cross N1trn mark

Fidelity Bank’s gross earnings rise by 45%, shareholders’ funds cross N1trn mark

by Vanessa
May 12, 2026
0

Fidelity Bank Plc has reported a 45 percent increase in gross earnings for the 2025 financial year, as the lender’s...

Next Post
FIFA Sanctions South Africa Over Ineligible Player in Qualifier

FIFA Sanctions South Africa for Fielding Ineligible Player in World Cup Qualifier

Recommended

‘African Queen’ Brought Both Fame and Challenges, Says 2Baba

African Queen Brought Both Fame and Challenges, Says 2Baba

6 months ago
APC Commends Nnaji’s Courage in Enugu Re-run

APC Commends Nnaji’s Courage in Enugu Re-run

9 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    Newsletter

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor.
    SUBSCRIBE

    Category

    • Agriculture
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Fashion
    • food
    • Gaming
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Movie
    • Music
    • National
    • News
    • Opinion
    • Politics
    • Religion
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Society
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • Travel
    • World

    Site Links

    • Log in
    • Entries feed
    • Comments feed
    • WordPress.org

    About Us

    We bring you the best Premium WordPress Themes that perfect for news, magazine, personal blog, etc. Check our landing page for details.

    • Privacy Policy
    • About Us
    • Contact
    • Terms of Use

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Crime & Security
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Events
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Society
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Science & Technology
    • Sports
    • Tech
    • World

    © 2026 VON Digest. All rights reserved. Designed by IgniteWeb.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In