Nuhu Bamali named new Emir of Zazzau: Checkout Amazing Facts About The New Emir
The long wait for the appointment of the emir of Zazzau climaxed on Wednesday, October 7, when the Kaduna State government announced Ahmed Bamalli as the new Emir of the Zazzau Kingdom.
The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has approved the appointment of Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli as the 19th Emir of Zazzau.
This was announced in a statement by the Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Jafaru Sani, on Wednesday.
Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli has succeeded Alhaji Shehu Idris as he was named the 19th Emir of Zazzau. Idris who died on Sunday, September 20, was on the throne for 45 years. He died at the age of 84. He was on the throne since 1975 and at the age of 36. His death was described as a national loss and an end to an era by prominent Nigerians.
With this appointment, Bamalli becomes the first Emir from the Mallawa ruling house in 100 years after his grandfather Emir Dan Sidi died in 1920.
Below are some amazing facts about the new Emir:
- Bamalli was born on June 8, 1966, in Zaria city of Kaduna state.
- He is the first Emir from the Mallawa ruling house in 100 years, following the demise in 1920 of his grandfather, Emir Dan Sidi.
- The monarch had his primary and secondary education in Kaduna city.
- Bamalli studied law at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- He holds a master’s degree in international relations and diplomacy and a diploma in organisational leadership from Oxford University, UK.
- He has taken courses at a number of educational institutes abroad including Harvard University as well as Northwestern University in Chicago and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Bamalli is also a fellow on conflict resolution at the University of York, United Kingdom.
- He held the title of Magajin Garin Zazzau until his emergence as emir.
- Bamalli also served as Nigeria’s ambassador to Thailand, with concurrent accreditation to Myanmar.
- The Emir served as a permanent commissioner in the Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission in 2015.
- Bamalli who also worked in the banking sector, served as the executive director and later acting managing director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Corporation.