Fire Incident hits Aso Rock
Nigeria’s Presidential Villa in Abuja on Thursday witnessed a fire incident.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, labelled the incident as minor. He attributed the fire incident to an electrical spark.
The presidential aide said the incident occurred on Thursday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.
He said: “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.”
“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded,” the presidential spokesman added.